About Me

My photo
I love to teach and I love math. Teaching has always been a passion since I was in 5th grade. I gained a love of math later in eighth grade. I have been told that I always have a smile on my face and a song in my heart which is the best description of me.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Working with Student Scores in a Spread Sheet

By finding the average on each test you can see that the class average continued to improve. When ordering the scores from lowest student average to the highest you can see trends within the student's test score. The student may have a low average, but you can see what test really threw them off. You can also tell which subject area they did the best on. You can see a trend within a student's test scores and compare it to their average easily. Then if the raw data was not good enough you can create a graph. I chose to do a bar graph to compare easily the scores from each test of each student.





Here is the link to the original data.

2 comments:

  1. Multiple charts may be more effective ... as this chart is really 'noisy.' One could also consider a line chart to look at the trends.
    Embedding turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was going to do a line chart, but I couldn't make it make sense in my brain. I tried the bar chart and I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete