Session 1: Social Networking and Digital Citizenship in the Elementary Classroom
- Our Nest- Becky's social networking platform
- International Society of Technological Educators-Betsy is a big collaborator with this organization
- Ning-A controllable social networking platform for students 13 and above
- NetSmartz-Resource with videos addressing digital citizenship
- Kid blogs-blogging platform for students
- Literacy remix by Jesse Gainer and Diane Lapp-talking about technology in the classroom and promoting literacy skills
- Born digital:Understanding the First Generation of Digital Natives-It was highly recommended and could be a good read especially for those people who are not digital natives or like me are amazed at how much this generation has become digital natives.
- Ted Talk: Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world
- Blokus-The game I discussed
- More pictures of the Ginormous Blokus game that I helped build
- Ticket to Ride-Another favorite game that I used in the video as an example
- Mithril- math game developed by Computer science students at standford as a part of their thesis
- World Without Oil-The example I used in my video, designed by Jane McGonigal and others
So I know I talked about my senior thesis a little in the talk. I will go and make a video using screener to quickly go over it so you guys can get an idea about how I used math to analyze the game candy land. I will put it in the resources for the second section since it relates to games in math. So you can look forward to that.